216 W. Hwy 80
Somerset, Ky 42503
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Assistant Road Supervisors
Ryan Price / Jordan Harris
The Pulaski County Road Department offers several services to the community. This department essentially takes care of all the county road work and upkeep, along with various other areas and jobs that are overseen.
Some of the main roadwork and upkeep tasks include:
- Right-of-way mowing
- Clearing of brush and tree limbs in the right-of-way
- Snow removal and salting on roads during hazardous winter conditions
- Road Sign repair, placement and replacement
- “Chip and Seal” re-coating for road repair
- Road grading
- Graveling roads
- Ditch work
- “Rip rapping” banks and ditches in washed-out areas
- Installing entrance culverts
- Cold -mix patching of blacktop
- Deceased Livestock removal
The Department mostly does their own mechanic work and tire repair. The Department also makes their own “cold-mix patching” supply that is maintained all year long.
These are a few of the tasks and services the Pulaski County Road department oversees, along with many others that go unacknowledged and unnoticed.